Gotcha! You thought I was going to say Howard Jacobson, didn’t you?
The rules entail sharing 10 things about yourself. Without further adieu, here they are:
- My first published piece of writing ever was a short poem about the sun that appeared in a local children’s magazine when I was a sprightly eleven-year-old.
- I learned to bake stuff in my microwave and now I can prepare a mean lasagne and tasty pizzas.
- I’ve re-read my favourite books more than a hundred times.
- I abhor, detest, loathe, and despise sitting at the beauty parlour for more than half-an-hour at a time. I am often shocked at how my friends are shocked that I don’t want to get a facial done every month!
- Despite excellent marks in English literature all throughout my school, I never thought of becoming a writer until I turned 22.
- I haven’t played the piano for almost a decade now, but I did pass my ABRSM Grade 3 exam with a high merit (128/150).
- I have a great memory for numbers and can recite entire lists of them offhand.
- I cannot, for the life of me, whistle, not even a little bit.
- I love Guylian chocolates with a passion, and salmon too.
- When people make grammatical mistakes, especially stuff like ‘revert back’ and ‘lot many’, the urge to clobber them on the skull overcomes me, but then I remember the principles of non-violence and keep calm.
I talk so much that my sister once bought a poster dedicated to me, which said ‘You talk and I pretend to listen!’ She is regretting it now – her daughter is a greater chatterbox than I am.
Seven bloggers whom I’d like to award this to are:
- Bhaswati, At home Writing
- Rayna at Coffee Rings Everywhere
- NR Williams, Fantasy Author
- T. Anne at White Platonic Dreams
- Nicole Zoltack, Where Fantasy and Love Take Flight
- Payal Dhar at Writer’s Log
- Anne R. Allen at Anne R. Allen’s blog
Time to spill your secrets, people! Tell me something new about yourself.